Library & Archives NT ICT and Digital Services Guidelines and Terms of Service.
Welcome to Library & Archives NT. These guidelines and terms and conditions apply to the use of our ICT facilities and digital services.
- 'Library & Archives NT’ means Library & Archives NT being a branch of the Northern Territory Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities in connection with the supply of the Service; and
- ‘You’ or ‘Your’ means the person accepting these Terms and any person who accesses any of Library & Archives Digital Services or accesses the internet on their own device using WIFI provided by Library & Archives NT or devices owned by the Library & Archives NT including any authorised users.
- ICT means information communication technology facilities including WIFI and Public Computers at Library & Archives NT premises and Community Internet Service locations.
- ‘Digital Services’ means services delivered by Library & Archives NT by digital means including but not limited to Discover LibrariesNT, Territory Stories, LibrariesNT Service Desk, the Knowledge Exchange, National edeposit Service (NED), Community Internet Services, Community Stories, enquiry management (including Ask LANT and Ask PLS) and the Library & Archives NT email lists and newsletters.
- ‘eResources’ means databases, digital books and journals licenced by Library & Archives NT.
- 'Content' means materials that you contribute to LANT collecting campaigns through the enquiry website (Ask LANT) or are part of your posts to any social media channel including on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. This may include photographs, videos and any text that is part of your post including your username.
- ‘Home Page’ means the Home Page lant.nt.gov.au and pages linked to from the Home Page;
- ‘WiFi Service’ means the wireless Internet network operated by Library & Archives NT for the public at Library & Archives NT premises and Community Internet Service locations.
- ‘Terms’ means these guidelines and terms and conditions.
Library & Archives NT may change these Terms from time-to-time without notice. You should carefully review these Terms each time You use our ICT or Digital Services.
By using any of Library & Archives NT's ICT or Digital services You agree to the following policies and guidelines:
3. WIFI terms and conditions of use
4. Inappropriate Materials on the Internet Guidelines
5. Copyright, Intellectual Property Rights and Moral Rights Law
6. User Generated Content Guideline
7. Terms and Conditions of Use of eResources
8. Digital Services Termination Guidelines
9. Governing Law
9.1 These terms are governed by the law of Northern Territory, Australia and You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
9.2 Any invalid or unenforceable terms or conditions in these Terms are to be read down or severed, where practicable, so as to avoid the invalidity or unenforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
|You can contact us by:|
|Post: GPO Box 42 Darwin 0801|
|Telephone: (08) 8999 7177|
|Contact us by email|