Library & Archives NT User Generated Content Guideline
Whether discussing the story behind an image or solving historical mysteries, there are always fascinating discussions happening on social media. Join the conversation to tell your story. These are our guidelines for the use and reuse of contributed content and content tagged with the hash tags #LibraryArchivesNT, #LANT, #MadewithLANT, #myNThistory, #EducationLANT or previously tagged with #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL and #EducationNTL. By contributing to LANT collecting campaigns or using these hash tags you are agreeing the terms of this guideline.
(Note: this is a section of the Library & Archives NT ICT and Digital Services Guidelines)
7. User Generated Content Guideline
Library & Archives NT participates in social media channels and encourages you to join the conversation to tell your story. This User Generated Content Guideline outlines our guidelines for the use and reuse of content in connection with our Digital Services including on our website lant.nt.gov.au, LANT collecting campaigns through the enquiry website (Ask LANT, Education Program), Territory Stories, LibrariesNT, the Knowledge Exchange, Library & Archives NT email lists and newsletters, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
7.2 Use of Content
You understand and agree that if you contribute your content to LANT collecting campaigns through the enquiry website (Ask LANT, Education Program) or use the hashtags #LibraryArchivesNT, #MadewithLANT, #LANT, #myNThistory, #EducationLANT or have previously used the hashtags #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL, and #EducationNTL, Library & Archives NT may publicly display your content including to people outside of Australia. By contributing your content to LANT collecting campaigns through the enquiry website (Ask LANT, Education Program) or using the hashtags #LibraryArchivesNT, #MadewithLANT, #LANT, #myNThistory, #EducationLANT, #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL, and #EducationNTL you agree to allow the Library & Archives NT to use and share the content on its Digital Services (as listed above).
Unless you contact Library & Archives NT to make other arrangements in relation to your content, you agree that once your content is collected by Library & Archives NT it may be added to the Library & Archives NT collection and a Creative Commons Attribution licence (CC-BY) may be applied to your content. Under some circumstances Library & Archives NT may, at its discretion and your agreement, apply a Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial (CC-BY-NC) licence to your content.
7.3 Library & Archive NT's Rights to User Generated Content
By contributing your content to LANT collecting campaigns through the enquiry website (ASKNTL, Education Program) or using the hashtags #LibraryArchivesNT, #MadewithLANT, #LANT, #myNThistory, #EducationLANT, #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL, and #EducationNTL, you grant to Library & Archives NT a royalty-free, perpetual, world-wide, non-exclusive licence (including a right to sub-licence) to use, copy, modify, remix, build upon, create derivative works from, reproduce, distribute, communicate and exploit your content in any manner and for any purpose, including commercial or promotional purposes that Library & Archives NT considers appropriate.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your content. Library & Archives NT is under no obligation to use your content in any manner, and is not required to host, display, or distribute any of your content on or through their Digital Services. Library & Archives NT may remove content at any time or refuse content for any reason. Library & Archives NT is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse or damage of any kind to your content. You agree to release and allow all creative licence and creative treatment in the use and production of your content at the discretion of Library & Archives NT. You consent to all possible uses of your content by Library & Archives NT (including adaptation, reproduction, editing, alteration, addition to and/or deletion from, rearrangement, transposition, translation, collection) and exploitation of the content, and you agree not to enforce, and otherwise fully waive, any moral rights that you may have now or in the future in relation to your content.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in exchange for your grant of the licence set out in this guideline, Library & Archives NT agrees that it will attribute you as creator of your content. By contributing your content to LANT collecting campaigns through the enquiry website (Ask LANT, Education Program) or using the hashtags #LibraryArchivesNT, #MadewithLANT, #LANT, #myNThistory, #EducationLANT, #NTLibrary, #MadewithNTL, and #EducationNTL you confirm that:
- You are at least 18 years of age and are the legal owner of your Content.
- You own all rights in and to your content and are able to grant the licence rights to Library & Archives NT as described in this guideline.
- Your content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trade mark, patent, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
- Your content is not in any way offensive, defamatory, obscene, unlawful, vulgar, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing or objectionable.
- You do not know of any information contained in your content that is false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Your content does not violate any law.
- Your content does not incorporate materials from a third party website, copyright protected materials owned by a party other than you, or personal information about anyone other than yourself.
- If your content contains photographs or recordings of people, you have respected people's privacy:
- If you have photographed or recorded people in a private space such as homes, schools, hospitals, or shopping centres, you have obtained permission from people in the photograph or recording to be photographed or recorded, and for the photograph or recording to be shared publicly.
- If you have photographed or recorded people in a public place you have respected your subjects and any obligations of the public place whilst taking the photograph or recording.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for your content.
- You will not be compensated in any way by Library & Archives NT for the use of your content.
- You agree to irrevocably release and forever discharge Library & Archives NT from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, against Library & Archives NT resulting from the use of your content or anything contained in your content by Library & Archives NT.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Library & Archives NT and its affiliate agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including a reasonable amount of attorney’s fees) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from your breach of this guideline, or from any warranty provided by you proving to be false.
7.6 How to contact us
|You can contact us by:|
|Post: GPO Box 42 Darwin 0801|
|Telephone: (08) 8999 7177|
|Contact us by email.|