- The closing date for entries for the Chief Minister’s Northern Territory History Book Award is midnight on Wednesday 7 April 2021.
- The online entry form must be completed by this time and date. Entries received after this time and date will not be accepted. The online entry form can be accessed through our website here - https://ntl.nt.gov.au/chief-ministers-northern-territory-history-book-award.
- Four copies of each book entered must be delivered or sent by the closing date to:
Chief Minister’s Northern Territory History Book Award
Library & Archives NT
GPO Box 42, Darwin NT 0801
- Books will not be returned.
- Receipt of entry will be via email through the Submittable system. Please allow seven days to receive this acknowledgement.
- Entrants will be notified by email through the Submittable system if their entry has been shortlisted. Authors of shortlisted works will be notified in June 2021.
- Entries must be a work about or pertaining to Northern Territory history, offered for general sale, and written in English.
- All entered works must have been published between 1 January and 31 December 2020 and be available for general sale during this period.
- Feedback will not be provided to applicants.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding their decisions.
- Shortlisted and winning authors may be required to take part in events and media activities.
- Any Australian citizen or permanent resident can enter the Chief Minister’s Northern Territory History Book Award.
- Authors may nominate themselves.
- You may enter on behalf of an author but must obtain their permission before entering.
- Prize money of $1000 will be awarded to the Chief Minister’s Northern Territory History Book Award winner.
- Significance of contribution to the field/ broader Northern Territory history.
- Depth of research, evidence of a wide variety of sources used.
- Originality of research/subject/approach.
- Strong central thesis presented.
- Correct, appropriate language, spelling and grammar. Well proofed.
- Correct, appropriate referencing/ citations.
- Appropriate use of indexes, glossaries, appendices.
- Well structured. Logical flow of chapters / sections. Good pacing.
- Appropriate use of good quality images and/or maps, correctly attributed.
- Design and aesthetics.
Breaches of any terms or conditions will render an entry ineligible.