Services to Public Libraries
Territorians make more than 700,000 visits to their local library each year. They need their libraries, which is why Library & Archives NT works to ensure the library sector remains strong and vibrant.
Library & Archives NT supports some of the most remote libraries in the world. There are 30 public libraries across the Northern Territory.
Library & Archives NT supports the sector by providing:
- a Territory-wide library management system
- operational funding through the Public Library Funding Agreement
- funding for public collections and eResources
- learning and development opportunities
- advice on library service provision
- free public Wi-Fi in remote Aboriginal communities
For public library staff
If you are a staff member at a public library in the Northern Territory, extensive resources are available through the LibrariesNT Knowledge Exchange. If you require access please email us.